Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1st!


My dear friend and fellow blogger Torrey usually posts a "first of the month" blog to celebrate the beginning of each new month. So in her honor, I wanted to write my own October 1st blog today. And October 1st has extra special significance for me this year because today I am officially just one month from my due date! Zoey is scheduled to grace the world with her presence on November 1st, 2009 - and yes while I understand that a "due date" is more of an estimate than an actual expectation, it's still very exciting that I'll get to meet, kiss, hold, and snuggle my baby girl in just about 30 days (give or take a few). : )

Additionally, I am excited that October is here because that means summer has passed and Fall/Winter weather is just around the corner! Before I was pregnant I was one of those people who ALWAYS felt cold - no joke. I usually wore sweaters when others were wearing tank tops, and I always carried around extra layers because it was inevitable that I would get cold no matter where I went. But let me tell you - that has all changed for me as a pregnant woman! I feel warm, or even HOT, most of the time now, so needless to say I am ready for some cooler fall-like weather. Hello Autumn, hello October! I am glad that you're finally here because the countdown is ON! : )

1 comment:

Torrey said...

Happy "new month" Sairy! I'm loving the October autumn-ness as well. : )