Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baby Wearing

While we do plan to use a stroller on a regular basis, and I would even like to purchase a jogging stroller once Zoey is a bit older, I've also discovered the benefits of baby wearing. Upon the recommendation of my co-worker Jen, I purchased an adjustable fleece pouch from a company called Kangaroo Korner and we both LOVE it! Zoey fits inside just like a little pea in a pod or a little joey in it's mother's pouch. The moment I put Zoey inside she settles down and quickly falls asleep - I can imagine that it feels very warm and soothing being so close to my body and my heartbeat as if she were back in the womb. We even went out to run errands yesterday and she stayed calm and asleep inside her pouch the whole time. It is great to be able to hold Zoey hands-free so I can shop or do things around the house, while at the same time she can nap and feel safe and close to mommy. And on top of that, she just looks so cute and peaceful when she's tucked inside!


No comments: