Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sweet Tooth!


While I haven't had any strange cravings during my pregnancy (i.e. no pickles with ice cream for me!), what I have experienced is an out-of-control sweet tooth. For those of you who know me well, you probably remember that before I got pregnant I was pretty vigilant about my diet and exercise, and rarely indulged in calorie-rich sweets. However, all is different now! Keep in mind that I do have a healthy, well-balanced prenatal diet, but I've also allowed myself to savor tasty desserts on a regular basis. Cookies, cake, pastries, ice cream....yum! I can easily rationalize my cravings by saying that "Zoey wants it....", but the truth is that I WANT IT. : ) But I figure that pregnancy is the one time in my life where I don't have to count calories or be mindful of every single bite I eat, so I might as well enjoy this time while I can! However, I still eat treats in moderation - which has helped me to keep my pregnancy weight gain in a normal, healthy range. Walking and swimming regularly appears to have balanced out my dessert intake. : )

Speaking of desserts, last night I made a box of Betty Crocker "Hershey Brownie Cookie Bars" - major YUM! The bottom layer is brownie mix, covered with drops of chocolate chip cookie dough....baked to perfection. And I was good and only ate one last night - so there are plenty more to enjoy over the next few days. : )

1 comment:

Torrey said...

omg, i want one of those... NOW!