Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hayward Kaiser Hospital


So after touring the Labor & Delivery units at both the Hayward and Oakland Kaiser hospitals, I have decided that I want to deliver Zoey in Hayward. I am more attracted to the Hayward hospital because unlike Oakland, they have midwives on staff that perform most of the deliveries and assist laboring women, whereas it is solely doctors and residents in Oakland. Also, Hayward is certified as a "Baby Friendly" facility, known for their focus on encouraging breastfeeding and early mother-baby bonding, and their strong lactation consultation services. Also, I just got a better overall "vibe" from Hayward. And lastly, their parking and access to the building is SO much more convenient and accessible 24 hours a day. Their website also has a link to a virtual tour of the facility.

Going on these tours has helped to make my pregnancy feel much more REAL! Now that I'm beginning to think more seriously about giving birth and signing up for labor, breastfeeding, and infant care classes, I am getting both more excited and nervous for what the future holds. But most of all, I can't wait to meet little Zoey and begin the journey into parenthood with David. : )

No comments: