Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

So sick....

I've been sooo sick this past week, which explains my lack of posting (if you were wondering). David and I both have acute bronchitis, but I've also come down with a nasty stomach bug that's either a severe reaction to the codeine cough syrup I took on Tuesday night (although I only took it once so don't know why I'd still feel a reaction now), or the nausea and vomiting is just another symptom of this nasty virus that I have. Ugh. I honestly don't think I've ever been this sick in my adult life. I haven't been able to keep down much besides Gatorade and saltine crackers the past 4 days, I've been struggling with a pounding headache (probably from dehydration), and I've been kept up at night with coughing fits and stomach pains. It's been rough, I'm not gonna lie. Thankfully David is a ROCK STAR husband and father, and he's totally stepped up to take care of Zoey and I and all the necessary household chores and errands. I am a very lucky woman to have such a great man in my life. Today I am feeling much better than I have since Tuesday, so hopefully that's a sign that I'm on the upward swing.

Even though being sick really sucks, I'm trying to remain as positive as possible and find some humor in the situation. For instance, I was thinking of all the "perks" of being so sick....such as 1) that I'm forced to simply STOP, rest, and take care of myself first, something that's hard to find time for as a working mother, 2) Hey, this virus is a great diet to help me get back to my pre-baby weight!, and 3) at least we're saving money on our grocery bill since I haven't eating anything in the last 4 days!

Of course though, I can't wait to be back to my healthy self. This experience has reminded be that I can NEVER take my health for granted, and that I must listen to my body and not try to be super-mom all the time. And also not to sweat the small stuff, because being this sick really puts things into perspective, and reminds me what really matters. So at the very least I've learned some lessons from this horrible illness.

No comments: