Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

One of the best feelings in the world.....


is holding your sleeping baby in your arms - don't you agree? Especially now that Zoey is SO BIG and SO MOBILE, it's not as often that she cuddles up and drifts off to sleep while I'm holding her. But on Friday we were out running errands late in the afternoon and Zoey fell asleep on the car ride home (sure enough since she refused her 2nd nap at home earlier that day). She usually wakes up as soon as we pull into the driveway, but this time she stayed deep in a peaceful slumber as we parked, undid her car seat belts, lifted her out and carried her all the way upstairs. She looked so comfortable and felt so warm and snugly against my chest, that I let her stay sleeping there for about 10 minutes more while we both rested on the couch. I know for sure this is one of the feelings I will miss the most when Zoey is all grown up.

No comments: