Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

This Summer girl loves Summer time!

Yes, I'm a summer girl at heart. Summer is my favorite season, hands down. The warm weather, longer days w/more sunlight, a slower pace of life and work, bbq's and street fairs, swimming and sunshine....who doesn't love summer!? I also have so many amazing childhood memories tied to my summers growing up in Manteca. My sister Leah and I had so much fun playing outside in our kiddie pool, riding bikes, going to the river with Dad, regular family camping trips, and just enjoying the long, carefree days of our youth.



So even though summers as an adult aren't quite as care-free as they were back then, I still feel so much more alive and happy during these summer months. And even though it isn't "officially" summer quite yet, you could have fooled me with the beautiful weather this weekend. Yesterday I had a great brunch date with my dear friend Dani, followed by a warm, relaxing walk along Alameda Beach.



Then yesterday afternoon David and I headed out to San Mateo for a visit with Mom, Dad, Leah, Lukasz, & Hayden. It was HOT out in San Mateo, but that didn't stop us from having a great time catching up. And little Miss Hayden stayed cool by playing with the hose and her water tray. What a great day! : )

1 comment:

aka: D and Shep said...

Hey Sarah! Had such a great time with you... as always! love the pics!