Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Working on my Fitness..


As I shared with you last week, I love going for walks and jogs on Alameda Beach for my regular exercise. However, when it is cold, rainy, and/or dark, it can be very unappealing to go workout outside. So on evenings like yesterday when I get home from work later than usual and want to exercise, but feel turned off by the cold evening air, I'll do a workout DVD or a mini circuit workout in my living room. You can imagine how SICK I've become of my old DVD's and VHS workout tapes after doing them over and over for years and years (yes, I still own VHS..) :) And while it's a great full-body workout, I don't think I can stand to do TaeBo one more time without throwing inanimate objects at the TV screen (what is Billy Blanks wearing in that 1998 video by the way!?)


So what is an anti-gym, exercise hungry girl to do when she's craving a good workout? The answer is....EXERCISE TV! Ever since we got hooked up with Comcast Digital Cable a few months ago, David and I have become amazed and awed by On Demand. What a brilliant concept - hundreds of movies, tv shows, educational programs, and workout videos at your fingertips any moment of the day! So last night I decided to try Jillian Michaels "30-Day Shred" and boy was it a challenging workout! I consider myself to be in pretty decent shape, but this video got me sweating and afterwards I felt fabulous! Jillian is tough with zero breaks in the videos, but that's what makes then so effective and fast-paced. The workouts are based on the 3-2-1 method: 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs....then repeat that sequence several times. I think I'll try Levels 2 and 3 this weekend.

No comments: