Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

My accident....

This is my bike.....

While I have been exercising outside regularly this summer, I've been more into walking and jogging on the beach instead of riding my bike as much as I used to.

But today I decided that I would go for a bike ride out to Bay Farm Island, given that it is a lovely day and I felt like doing something different. As I was coming back over the Bay Farm Bridge after exploring the MLK Shoreline Park, I fell. Yes - I fell off my bike.

There were quite a few people on the bridge at that time, and I got distracted by a speeding cyclist who was coming up quickly behind me right as I was about to make a horse-shoe turn...and my bike skidded in the dirt and I fell on my right side. Luckily I only got some minor scrapes, but my bike and my clothes were all dusty and my handlebars got twisted. David said he can easily fix my bike, and he was so sweet to "doctor me up" with our first aid kit. My knee is still a bit sore, but after taking a shower and eating some Hershey kisses, I feel OK.

Maybe I'll just go back to walking and jogging for awhile.....
At least it is a gorgeous day here in Alameda - the sunshine always makes me feel better.

No comments: