Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Birthday Jog & Picnic at Crown Beach

Tuesday was my birthday......and now that I'm a 30-something full-time working mom of a toddler, I don't party and celebrate on my special day like I used to. But I made a promise to myself years ago that I would avoid working on my birthday at all cost if possible. So this year I was indeed fortunate enough to take the day off work - a rare day to myself amongst the other hectic, busy days of my life. I went for a lovely morning jog on Alameda Beach, had a picnic at the park in the sunshine with David, got a bunch of stuff done around the house (had to throw a little bit of productivity in there!), got my annual pedicure as a present to myself, and then David made me a yummy dinner. Overall it was a wonderful day. And an extra special thanks to Mother Nature for the gift of sunshine! :)






No comments: