Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Go Giants!


I've been a Giants fan for as long as I can remember. It all started when I was just a young girl when I used to listen to the games with my dad on the radio during long, hot summer days in our backyard. I was always mesmerized by the way the announcers called the games, and by the enthusiasm that shone in my dad's eyes when the Giants did well. And once I visited Candlestick Park for the first time, I was hooked for life! I remember playing catch with Dad while we tail-gated in the parking lot, being treated to hot dogs, peanuts and crackerjacks, and even getting an orange foam finger as a souvenir. And I will never forget the very first time I walked out from inside the concrete corridors of Candlestick to see the field for the first time....my jaw dropped and I was just in awe of the colors, the energy, the fans, and the magic that is live baseball.

And even though I've been a fan for about 23+ years, I don't think I've ever had this much fun rooting for my team - what a year we're having! Yesterday I was lucky enough to attend the Giants day game versus the Chicago Cubs with several of my co-workers from the Career Center, as well as with colleagues from other Bay Area Career Centers. Enterprise Rental Car sponsors the event every year as a way to promote their company and thank Career Center staff for their support with recruitment during the year. We had yummy BBQ food at a tailgate party before heading into the park, and then enjoyed an exciting, nail-bitter type of game. We ended up winning, something the Giants have been doing a lot of lately -surprise..ha! For my fellow Giants fans out there, I know it can often be painful to be a fan of the orange and black, but not this year! I have a feeling we are headed for a title.... : )

No comments: