Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall Semester Maddness @ Cal


Yet another Fall semester is beginning at UC Berkeley tomorrow. The energy both on campus and throughout Berkeley's city streets has definitely shifted dramatically this past week - once calm, lazy summer days are replaced by the rushed, crowded, frantic energy of the new school year beginning. While on one hand I do love the intensity and energetic optimism characterized by the start of a new term, it also drains me and leave me longing for those kick-back, slower-paced days of summer. But at least I know that winter break isn't too far off! Ahh, the crazy life of a student services professional in higher education. : )

And today I jumped feet first into the new semester by leading a Pre-Law workshop during Cal's Welcome Week activities. 120 eager Berkeley students attended to soak up all the knowledge and advice they could get to help them prepare for their law school futures. Funny how it seems that the majority of Cal students come in as intended pre-law or pre-med.... : ) But in all sincerity, I am honored and humbled by the amazing students I have the pleasure of working with, and it is quite exciting to help counsel and advise the future leaders of our world. They truly are an impressive bunch.

GO BEARS!

No comments: