Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My first official Mother's Day


I've never really been a fan of "Hallmark Holidays", but at the very least Mother's Day is a nice time to stop and thank, appreciate, and celebrate all the hard working, loving, amazing mothers out there in this world. We didn't do anything big for the holiday on Sunday, but I did get a sweet card from David, and we got to spend the day with my parents out in Manteca....relaxing and spending quality time with family. I am so very thankful to have such an amazing mother - a mom who has always loved me unconditionally from day one, who encouraged me to be "me", who supported me every step of the way in my life, who sacrificed for me and taught me so many important life lessons, and who made my childhood as fun-filled and special as a childhood can be. A woman who I love with all my heart, and who now in my adulthood is not only my mom, but my dear friend. I am very much like my mother, very different in some ways too, but what I strive for most now that I'm a mother myself is to be just as loving, giving, supportive and FUN as my mom. I would love for Zoey and I to be as close as my mom and I are....that is my dream...for this role to come full circle as I give to my own daughter and lay the foundation for her life. I love you mom!

Also, Zoey turned 7 months old today - wow! Seriously, what "they" say about babies growing up so fast is really true! I am doing my best to savor everyday, to cherish each and every stage (for better or worse), and to take as many mental (and digital!) pictures as I can so that I will always remember these days of Zoey's baby-hood. And here are two pics to share with you - one of Zoey and I the very first time I got to hold her after she was born, and another from when she was just 4 weeks old. Being a mother is the best thing I have ever done! And the journey is just beginning.... : )

No comments: