Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Zoey's first taste of solid food!

For the past week or so Zoey has been VERY interested in our adult food - she eyes us with longing jealousy as we eat our meals and put our utensils into our mouths. Our pediatrician gave us the go-ahead to start Zoey on solids over a month ago, but I was originally planning to hold off until 6 months (she is 5 months, 1 week now). But today as she watched David eat every bite of his breakfast cereal, I figured why not see how she'd react to some cereal of her own! Especially since my parents and my sister Leah were over visiting, I thought that would be fun to have the whole family witness her big first meal. So we mixed up some baby rice cereal with warmed breast milk and here was the result! I look forward to this new chapter in Zoey's life - the start of her culinary adventures! : )

No comments: