Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Adventures in cooking!


With a new season of "Top Chef" starting this Wednesday (yay!), I thought it would be quite timely to post about my own culinary adventures. Last night I made a YUMMY Tofu stir fry with a host of fresh veggies including shitake mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, pea pods and green onions all mixed in a tasty garlic flavored soy sauce mix served over brown rice. ;) Not only did the dish get rave-reviews from the hubby (and from me if I do say so myself....), but excitingly this was also my first time cooking Tofu! Now understand that I LOVE tofu, and honestly I don't know why it took me this long to experiment with cooking it myself. But after last night I now plan to incorporate tofu as a regular ingredient on my shopping list!
Yummy.....and I even have leftovers for lunch today. ;)

3 comments:

Torrey said...

congrats on the successful tofu yumminess! dave and i make tofu stir frys all the time! we should share tofu secrets, or better yet, have a tofu stir fry double date night! ;)

Anonymous said...

mmmmm....that looks yummy! tonight i made a yummy pasta dish....angel hair whole wheat pasta with shrimp and sundried tomatoes in a rose sauce....yummy! :o)

*hugz*
Raquel

Wendy said...

you are so good. i can't get myself to taste tofu. i'm not sure if it is the look of it or the name, but i can't do it. your stir fry looks fantastic though, i just might need to try it out.