Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Dentist.... : (


I have an appointment at the dentist this morning, and I am NOT happy. Normally I don't mind going in for my routine cleaning appointments, but this trip is to replace two old fillings that I've had for over 11 years, and to also take care of a small cavity that's developing between two of my teeth. What makes this frustrating is that I take VERY good care of my teeth - I brush twice daily and floss every morning and have done so for years. But my dentist says that even with the best preventitive care, some people are just more susceptible to developing cavities.....great.

I had a similar procedure done on the the left half of my mouth back in March, and it was literally a traumatizing experience. I started to feel the drill half way into the process, and they had to give me another shot to numb the area, which caused me to lack feeling in the entire side of my face for over 4 hours. I was there for 2 full hours, and finally when it was done I came home and balled my eyes out - luckily David was home to console me. In retrospect I was actually pregnant at the time but didn't know it yet, which probably contributed to my emotionality that day. But still, it was NOT fun and that experience has made me terrified of having to go back today.

So please send me your pain free, positive well wishes please! Hopefully it's a quick and painless experience this time, and I can move on and be done with the dentist for quite awhile!

No comments: